Ah Easter, its that time of year when the daffodils bloom and Spring is finally here. It’s also your little ones two-week holiday and with all that sugar-rush, how do you cope? Here are our tips to survive the Easter holidays:
1) Plan Ahead: If you both are working it’s difficult to take the full two weeks off work, so it’s important to plan ahead. If you are not jetting off with your kids on holiday, alternate turns to take time off work so you both minimise the number of days leave and your kids get to spend time with both mummy and daddy.
2) Baby’s Day Out: Nothing tires out kids like fun-filled day out. These are ideal for the weekend if you can’t book a few days off at a time. Why not head to the beach, a day at a Safari park or a day in London? There are Duck Tours which ride into the River Thames, Big Bus Tours, Museums, Theatre and so much more!
3) Egg Hunt: Check out Cadbury’s Easter Egg Hunt organized by the National Trust.
4) Easter Party: If you are not able to attend, organise your own Easter Egg Hunt with friends and family in the back garden. Make it a fancy dress party and invite parents along too for a fun-filled afternoon. Don’t forget to invite the Easter Bunny!
5) Stay-cations: If you can’t take too much time off work why not try a stay-cation? Rent a cottage, hire a caravan or go camping for a completely different experience! Check out Butlins or Centreparcs for fun retreats.
6) Need a break? If you need a break from the kids why not arrange play dates or sleepovers with friends or relatives? That way mummies and daddies can also sneak in some alone time and couples take it in turn to host.
7) Rainy day: If you are stuck indoors take the opportunity to get creative! Decorate Easter eggs, bake cookies or our favourite, rice krispie cakes. Want to avoid more sugar? Make healthy home-made pizzas or snacks with your little ones to teach them about a healthy diet whilst having fun! Check out recipes here.
Instead of watching movies play board games or jigsaw puzzles to keep those little minds entertained.
What are you planning for the Easter holidays? We’d love to hear your ideas and tips!
Babycchinos is the marriage of parenthood and practicality. We empower the modern day mummy & daddy and are keen to share our products and concepts with all new parents!
Don’t forget to subscribe by below for the latest news and exclusive offers! We’d also love to hear your ideas and comments, so please feel free to get in touch!
Love, The Babycchinos Team xxx