So you were feeling a bit odd, something feels different….you have a niggling feeling you just might be…..You take the test, and lo and behold, you’re pregnant!
Now, how to share this with your other half? Why not have fun with it and make it something to truly remember, something you can both look back on and laugh with tears in your eyes! Here are some of our suggestions to make that moment extra special:
1) Spell it out: for all you scrabble fans, why not give a hint or spell it out in a game of scrabble? No one will be counting the score, I promise….
2) Tootsies Talk: a carefully placed pair of baby socks or baby shoes in a place he looks quite often (e.g. inside his bag/briefcase or in his sock drawer) is a playful way to catch him off guard to capture his surprise in a way you will both remember forever.
(Psssst, check out our online store and browse our accessories: https://babycchinos.co.uk/product-category/accessories/)
3) Valentines Surprise: With Valentines Day coming up, why not surprise him with a poem in his Valentines Day card? Something along the lines of:
Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
I hope you like nappy changing,
Cos its your job ’til baby’s two!
4) Pillow Talk: A cute and simple way is to simply put a Post-It note on his pillow while he is sleeping. When he wakes up, it’ll be the first thing he sees! (Just make sure he doesn’t roll over it and stick to his forehead!)
5) Passed The Test: A strategically placed pregnancy test which shows your results will make him jump! Whether its on the night stand or the bathroom sink. Just make sure he doesn’t use it to stir his morning cup of coffee!
6) Tea for Two: A nice subtle way to let him know is serve to two cups of tea – one normal sized cup of tea together with a small baby cup of tea. That’ll let him know something is brewing!!
7) Baby On Board: For all you practical peeps, why not put a “Baby On Board” sign where he will find it? And you can use it when the baby comes!
And to make that moment extra special, why not try these useful tips:
They say a picture is worth a thousand words, so if you can take a picture or film your surprise, it’ll be something that will tickle you both for many years to come!
If you can, have music playing in the background – in the future, whenever you hear this song it will take you both back to that special moment.
Got any tips? We’d love to hear about how you popped the surprise to your other half by commenting below!
Babycchinos is the marriage of parenthood and practicality. We empower the modern day mummy & daddy and are keen to share our products and concepts with all new parents! 🙂
Don’t forget to subscribe by below for the latest news and exclusive offers! We’d also love to hear your ideas and comments, so please feel free to get in touch!
Love, The Babycchinos Team xxx